A Typical Scenario For the Relativity Categorization Analytics Tool
The Relativity guide for analytics provides a typical scenario in which an admin would use a categorization set when faced with reviewing a raw document set for a legal dispute.
Categorization groups conceptually similar documents together and can assign the same document to more than one category.
A reasonable approach to categorization would involve the following steps:
1. If you have around 10M documents, a keyword search could narrow it down about 70% to 3 million.
2. Create a saved search with the narrowed down data set.
2. Ascertain the key concepts involved in the dispute.
3. Assemble a set of example documents that can be used to identify other documents that are representative of the same concepts.
4. Create a categorization set, with the saved search selected in the 'Documents to Be Categorized' field.
5. Create an analytics index for the saved search.
6. Select the index for the categorization set.
7. The other fields on the layout for the categorization set can be left at their default settings.
8. Create analytics categories for each of the key concepts involved in the dispute. These are added to the Analytics Category object in the section entitled, 'Analytics Category'.
9. Select documents which reference the concepts for each of the categories. These are added to the Analytics Example object in the section at the end of the layout.
10. Click 'Categorize All Documents' on the console for the layout.
Tags will be created for the categorized documents in the field tree.