In Excel you can easily merge two different workbooks which contain a common field.
1. On the Data tab, select New Query and load workbooks into Navigator.
2. Right click on the worksheet you want to import and select 'Load'.
3. On the Data tab, in the New Query menu select Combine Queries . . . Merge. A new dialog box will open, allowing you to select two of the loaded queries, and choose to load all rows from both, or just those from one which match the other. Highlight the matching fields from each source.
4. The Query Editor will open. You can add the columns from the second query by clicking on the NewColumn expand icon.
5. Click Close & Loan and the merged data will be added to a new worksheet.